Saturday, August 8, 2009

Boo hoo

Well, in my last entry, I expressed that I had weird pains that I was not worried about.  

It is now 6 days later, the pains are still here, and I am scared!  The pains are intensely sharp and shooting, and only when I sit or stand.  From what I can tell, it is related to bending my knee.  So sitting, with knees bent, is the worst, but also, just on crutches with knee slightly bent is painful too!  I don't know what is wrong!  The doctor has been out of town, so I have to wait until Monday to go see him. 

To me, it feels like a muscle problem, like something is pinched or reset incorrectly.  It also feels like maybe something got shortened and now doesn't have enough elasticity to bend.  It feels like it is originating deep in my hip, like from deep in the butt muscle, radiates through my pelvis, and then shoots down the front of my thigh to the point where I want to scream and cry.  I'm freaked out!  I have been confined to my bed for 6 days because of this, and I am so frustrated and mad.

I am starting to think it is something else entirely.  All the what-ifs in my mind are swirling around to many worst case scenarios.  I mean, it is already bad enough that I am bed ridden after four weeks of positive recovery.  There is obviously something wrong by that fact alone.   

I don't know what else to say.  I just have to wait to see the doctor.  Boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment