Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Some Days Just Suck.

I am feeling terrible today.  

My mom is at a conference in Los Angeles, so I will be home alone during the days from now on.  It is only day two, and I am lonely and frustrated and in pain!  Starting yesterday, I have been experiencing sharp  shooting pain from my groin area through my thigh; on the inner and outer thigh.  It is worst when I sit straight up, like in a chair or on the side of the bed, and pain killers aren't helping.  My body only wants to be horizontal and screams in agonizing sharp pains if I try to do anything different.

But I'm not worried.

During recovery for my left PAO, I experienced very similar shooting pains in my left thigh.  It was awful for a few days and then went away.  As my body is adjusting to it's new construction, there are growing and healing pains that I just have to deal with.  Really, I've discovered that the first 8 weeks are all about staying as comfortable as possible.  You definitely want to push yourself to crutch a little further, or sit up an extra half hour at a restaurant, but really, you just need to relax and let the massive break in your pelvis heal and grow back solid and strong.  

And no matter how hard you may try to stop it...some days just suck.


No comments:

Post a Comment