Monday, August 10, 2009

Good News/ Bad News

Ok, so THANKFULLY, the problem is not my hip.   My hip is fine, and healing normally for (almost) 5 weeks post op. 

However, the problem IS my back.  Dr. Santore thinks I have thrown out my back.  This would make sense with all the tenderness in my low back, near my spine.  I guess low back and spinal issues can translate to muscle pain and spasms in the leg also.  This would explain the horrific pain in my quad when I bend my knee. When the knee is bent, it stretches and pinches the base nerves deep in my pelvis/butt and spasms through my leg.  

So, I am back to taking lots of hardcore pain killers, muscle relaxers, and anti-inflammatorys.   And I have to see a physical therapist for movement manipulation and massage.  If I did not have a broken pelvis, the doc said that an adjustment from a chiropractor would probably do the trick, but since there are broken things trying to align themselves, it is not a good idea.

One thing I was shocked about, was that we almost stumped Dr. Santore!  He didn't know what was going on!  This has never happened with any of his patients, so he is kind of confused too.  He did a lot of physical tests, to rule out that it was a hip problem, and then deduced from my screaming in pain , and large Sharpie marks on my skin ( marking all my pain points) what was most likely going on in the mysterious land of my lower half.  There is definitely a cosmic memo floating around that reminds every aspect of my life that is must not be easy.  Thanks.

This means more lying around, sedation and waiting waiting waiting...
At least my wonderful boyfriend is here to keep me company!  yay!  

No comments:

Post a Comment